Monday, June 15, 2009

Being in Love With A Woman

I am in love with a woman, who at times I do not like. I have been in a relationship with her for a year now. The past 12 months she has brought me joy, heartache, tears, smiles, good times and bad. Although she is magnificent to look at, at times portraying a serene disposition, underneath she is complex. She portrays innocence yet, she is not a fool. She wounds those who try to bed her too soon and rewards those who are steadfast, patient enough to weave through her web looking for her soul. She only reveals layers of herself when she feels I have earned it.

Her past is carried on her shoulders. It is her past that makes her attractive, but it is her stubbornness to never let go of it that makes me daydream of my ex. Is this wrong? Should I break it off? Can you be in love with a woman, while not liking every aspect of her personality? Is it wrong to wish that she give in, and submit; to gratify my wants upon asking?

At times I am determined to take charge and command her to speed up; to conform; to trust me; to be on my level. Sometimes I ponder her seemingly self induced complexity. Why can’t she be simple; be bland not spicy; straight not curly. Then I remind myself why I started this relationship. I start from the beginning. I weigh her negatives, with my ex’s positives. Today I concluded that although I may miss another, my woman is like no other woman I have met before. She does not give in. She does not give up. She is Italy, and I will wait for her for one more year.

7 comments:

Carl Pietrantonio said...

Nicely done! Yes, Italy is a hard love. Complex and frustrating yet beautiful and captivating. I love her too.

Natalie Trusso Cafarello said...

Thanks Carl. It's good to know that I am not the only one who get's frustrated with their lover;)

Anonymous said...

The sweet is never as sweet until you've tasted the sour
Mark

Rebecca Wine said...

Quest'innamoramento non andrà mai via… sei tu che scegli di coinvolgerti più o meno.

15 yrs later am still here... Ups and downs, but still love it!!!

And there's lots of us - we have this in common - our love for "her"

Natalie Trusso Cafarello said...

LoneStar,

you do need the sour to appreciate the sweet.

Rebecca Christophersen,

i think that is right, it is up to us on how much we are involved in this "affair." congrats on your 15 years!

natalie

Eva Basile said...

well my mother fell so deeply in love with 'her' that she's almost become italian (she's here since 1959) and I'm one of many florentine that are half and half, taking the best of it.
She has always refused to be part of the community of the citizens of her native country, becoming quite italian at the end.
this town has a special status: it's terribly 'provinciale' and open to the rest of the world

Natalie Trusso Cafarello said...

eva,
how lucky for you to have the opportunity to enjoy two worlds.
I agree, this town is provinciale, that's what makes it so special.
natalie