Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Shopping in Catania

Today I went shopping in Catania with my cousin Francesca and her sister-in-law. Normally I would be the one insisting that we go to Catania. My favorite labels Fornarina and Max&Co are hard to find in the States. Both have good size shops here; but being that I am working without pay and do not know how long it will take before I find a paying job, I had to restrain myself. Thankfully the stores we frequented were not my style and we focused on finding a dress for Francesca.


I did manage to take some pics while we eyed the windows of the shops on the main street, Via Etnea. Most of the popular shops are on this street.


In front of the gates of Chiesa di San Biago S. Agata alla fornace

Being that it was the end of Summer, now was a good time to shop in Italy because the stores begin to discount the leftovers in preparation for Fall. Going against the practical side of my brain, I gave into temptation. It was instant attraction. As soon as I walked into the Fornarina store a sparkling pair of silver patent leather flats caught my eye. They winked. I winked back. Picked them up. Checked the price. Only €45. Heelllooo Looveerrrr . . . .




The foyer of Piazza Stesicoro #8

1 comment:

Stine Eckert said...

Very human, I know the feeling. ;-)