Tuesday, July 29, 2008

My Friend, My Heart

Sometimes I wonder about heart break. Is it necessary to feel? I do not think I would be the person I am today if I did not have my heart completely stomped on. Not only this, but I share a common bond with women who I never thought I would ever have something in common with.

With every life experience, one is able to appreciate a new aspect of living. To be able to understand another person and what they are going through is gold.

Last night I spoke to a friend, who like me came to Florence to close a hole in her heart. Florence is a great place to escape, but no matter how beautiful the backdrop and how many reminders of true love surround you, the aches and nervousness still linger. I tried to give her the advice that was given to me — "think with your head not your heart," "do not let someone manipulate you," and etc.

But her excuses were the same as mine — "I provoked it," "I was a bitch," "It was only that one time; I do not think he would do it again and he was really sorry." The one question we both did not have the answer to — how could one person, cause so much damage?

I feel bad, because I do not know what to tell her to do. I do not even know what I am doing. Maybe her story still needs to be played out.

In the end I hope she realizes, no matter what she said or did, she did not deserve any of that. She only deserves happiness. Her life is ahead, not behind. In the words of Feist “The wings are wide, the wings are wide!”

4 comments:

Stine Eckert said...

I really like that you embed songs and videos. They really fit the atmosphere, mood and topic you write about.

I am sorry to hear that your friend might have a bad time and you feel rather helpless.

I still hope that you are having a good Italian summer time. Thank you for adding me to your blogroll, too!

If you look at my blog I wrote a short recommendation for my audience to visit your wonderful more up to date blog. :D

Stine Eckert said...

Hej Natalie,

just a thought. I would appreciate it if you would install the little RSS feed tool that blogger.com offers so that I can always see on my RSS reader when you have a new post. :D
What do you think?

Tina* said...

Nattylein-I was so stupid, when I saved your blog website as a quicklink it always showed me the same page, so I didn't notice that you wrote all these new posts :(
However, I've read your latest one now and think it is sooooo true what you are writing!

Stine, I've noticed though that you are very eager in commenting on Nat's blog. The blog activities of you both made me feel a little bad about my blogging lazyness these days. I should probably refresh my blog soon! I started today by adding your blogs on my blogs list :) I hope you agree with it, otherwise let me know ;)

Natalie Trusso Cafarello said...

Hi Stine and Tina,

Thanks for your comments and for being advid readers of my blog. The blog is on hold for the moment because I am in a little town in Sicily without good access to the internet.

I will update all on my life and Italy when I return to Fi (Firenze) on September 5.

Natalie